- Iíve already received a bill from the hospital, why is there a bill from Medical Imaging of Dallas?
- I already paid money at the time I had my study. Why are you billing me now?
- I never authorized you to read my x-rays. Why have I received a bill?
- Who are radiologists? I never saw any of your physicians.
- I have secondary insurance. Why didnít you bill them?
- Did my insurance pay my Bill?
- Does Medical Imaging of Dallas have a payment plan?
- Q. Iíve already received a bill from the hospital, why is there a bill from Medical Imaging of Dallas?
- A. Most radiology services are billed in two parts: the Technical Charge, which accounts for items such as the use of equipment and technical personnel; and the Professional Charge, which is for the professional interpretation of the films or images. The bill from Medical Imaging of Dallas is for the Professional Charge.
- Q. I already paid money at the time I had my study. Why are you billing me now?
- A. The amount you paid at the time of the examination was applied to the Technical Charge (see the above question). None of what you paid was applied to the Professional Charge. The bill from Medical Imaging of Dallas represents the Professional Charge.
- Q. I never authorized you to read my x-rays. Why have I received a bill?
- A. When you checked in to the Radiology department or hospital, there was some paperwork that you signed. By signing the papers, you gave the facility permission to perform the examination. Included with the paperwork was permission for our physicians to supervise and interpret your examination.
- Q. Who are radiologists? I never saw any of your physicians.
- A. Radiologists are doctors that specialize in the interpretation of x-rays and diagnostic imaging studies. They have completed four years of Medical School. Radiologists have also finished Internships, and have finished a Residency. A Radiology Residency is 4-5 additional years of training, where physicians only study the interpretation of x-ray examinations. In addition many of our physicians did further study in a subspecialty area of Radiology, such as the study of the nervous system, the vascular system or the bones and joints. Many of our physicians are or have been on the faculty of distinguished Medical Schools such as the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School here in Dallas. All of our physicians are licensed to practice medicine by the State of Texas. All of our physicians are certified by the American Board of Radiology. Because our physicians interpret x-ray examinations, they do not always come in contact with patients. We report our findings to your doctor through written reports, and by phone.
- Q. I have secondary insurance. Why didnít you bill them?
- A. We usually get the complete billing file for our patients from the hospital. Occasionally, information is omitted or incomplete, preventing us from filing with your secondary insurance. If you could kindly provide us with the insurance information, we would gladly file it on your behalf. You can provide the information at
- Q. Did my insurance pay my Bill?
- A. If there is was a payment, it would be included on the statement from your insurance company. If there was no payment on your statement, please contact your insurance company, and check the status of your claim.
- Q. Does Medical Imaging of Dallas have a payment plan?
- A. When billing issues arise, Medical Imaging of Dallas tries to work with the patient to resolve the situation. Please contact a representative at 972-906-6250 or at
To our Patients
As a BBB Accredited Business, Medical Imaging of Dallas supports the Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan Dallas, Inc.